Tales of the Nui-Matoran is a short story series written by Repicheep - Toa of Irony. It centers around several Matoran, called Nui-Matoran, who have been granted powers by the Brotherhood of Makuta as they try to stay hidden and alive while the Brotherhood hunts them down. The series takes place in the same world as Repicheep's other works and introduces some characters and concepts that have made their way into his other works. Repicheep has stated that he plans to write a sequel epic to the original series, but has stated that it is currently low on his priority list.
The first in the series is "Frostbitten Fugitives."
The second is "The Immortal Matoran."
The third is "When Memory Knocks."
The fourth is "The Mind of a Miner."
BGC = Before the Great Cataclysm
- Several Matoran are kidnapped and subjagated to experiments by the Brotherhood
- Nui-Matoran placed under various Makuta's care
- Order sent out for Nui-Matoran's death
- Other Nui-Matoran escape their guardians
- Zerrek and Raeser arrive in Algiren